ORDER & SHIPPING INFORMATION
What type of credit cards does Archipelago accept?
Visa, Mastercard and American Express.
Is my credit information secure online?
Do I have to pay sales tax?
Only orders shipping within the state of California will incur a charge for sales tax. A 5% GST will be charged for all Canadian orders
Do you ship outside of the US?
At this time, shopARCHIPELAGO.com only ships to the United States (including Hawaii, Alaska and Puerto Rico) and to Canada (see below).
Archipelago Botanicals has partnered with a trusted third- party company, International Checkout, to fufill orders for our Canadian customers. Simply put the items you wish to purchase in our Shopping Cart and choose the "Canadian Checkout" option at checkout. Your items will be transferred to International Checkout for processing. You may pay by International credit card, PayPal or bank transfer. International Checkout will process your order, including billing, shipping, and customer service. Once your order is completed, all inquiries should be directed to International Checkout at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1.866.682.0641.
All charges too Canadian customers credit card will appear under the merchant name International Checkout.
To check the status of your order or to track your package, please login to your International Checkout account at: https://www.internationalcheckout.com/login.php.
When will my order ship?
Most orders are processed wtihin 1-3 business days too process after it is placed (not including weekends). Occasionally, due to high order volume or backorders, this is not always possible.
When will my backorder ship?
Occasionally we may be temporarily out-of-stock of an item shown on our website. Within the first business day of receiving your order, if we are out of stock of any items on your order, you will be notified by Archipelago of the backordered products' approximate ship date. You will not be charged for shipping the backordered goods.
What is my tracking number?
Go to "My Account" and click on "Order History"; once an order has shipped, its status will change from Processing to Complete - you can click on TRACK SHIPMENT to retrieve your tracking number or link directly to the Fedex site to track the status of the order. You will also receive your Fedex tracking number via email the day following business day after the order was shipped. If you do not receive a shipping confirmation with tracking number, please check your junk mail folder and email/call customer service at email@example.com or 800.399.4994 from 9AM - 4:30PM PST.
How long will it take for my order to arrive when I select the Ground Shipping option?
All orders originate in Los Angeles, CA. Please refer to the chart below to estimate how many business days it will take to deliver your package using the Fedex Ground shipping option:
Can I change my shipping address?
You can change the shipping address associated with your account at anytime by selecting "My Account" and then "Manage Addresses" frm the menu at the left. If you have already placed an order and wish to change the ship-to address for the order, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800.399.4994 M-F 9 am - 5 pm PST, and we will make effort to update your address prior to the order shipping.
CANCELLATIONS, RETURNS & EXCHANGES
How do I cancel my order?
To cancel your order, please contact Customer Service at 800.399.4994 Monday-Friday or email us at email@example.com before 11 a.m. on the business day following the day your order was placed. Assumming your order has not yet shipped, we will cancel the order for you. Due to our desire to promptly ship our customer orders, we cannot guarantee we cancel the shipment. If you would like to cancel an order after it has shipped, please refer to our Return Policy below.
What is your Return Policy?
If you are dissatisfied with your purchase for ANY reason, feel free to return the product for an exchange or a refund of the purchase price. You will not be charged additional shipping fees on exchanges. For items purchased from a retail venue other that archipelago-usa.com, please contact the store-of-purchase for their return policy.
To make a return - package the products (in original Archipelago packaging, if possible) along with a copy of the original invoice and note whether you would like a credit or exchange. Please ship the package via an insured courier (UPS, Fedex, USPS Parcel Post) and keep your shipment receipt in case the package is damaged or lost in transit. Archipelago cannot guarantee credit for your return without confirmation of delivery to us. Return label should read:
Archipelago Botanicals Inc.
Attn: Web Returns
1834 E. 22nd St.
Los Angeles, CA 90058
When will the credit appear on my card?
If you are returning products, a refund will be applied to your card within 2 business days of receipt of the returned goods - however, it can take up to 5 business days for the credit to appear on your statement.
Where can I buy Archipelago products?
Archipelago products are sold in leading retailers, spas and department stores throughout North America, and in a growing number of countries worldwide. If you live in the United States, and would like to find a store near you - use our online store locator. Keep in mind that not every store stocks every Archipelago product or collection; accordingly, we recommend that you call ahead to make sure they have the item you are looking for.
If you live outside the U.S., please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a list of retailers in your area.
Does Archipelago test on animals?
We do not believe in animal testing. Accordingly, all Archipelago products are formulated using ingredients that are known to be safe, effective and reliable - but that were developed free from the need for laboratory tests on live animals.
Archipelago soy candles contain over 70% natural soy wax - what comprises the other 30%?
It's a blend of palm wax and food-grade paraffin wax.
Is it possible to get samples of Archipelago products?
Archipelago retailers often provide samples of the various products they sell. To find a retailer in your area, please use our store locator.
If you would like samples of our hand cremes or small, scented wax samples of our candle & diffuser fragrances, please send your request to email@example.com with the word "Sample" in the subject line. There is a limit of 5 samples per customer and you need to allow 5-7 business days for your samples to be shipped.
Does Archipelago offer Gift Wrapping?
Yes! Virtually everything on our website can be gift-wrapped for $6.95 per order. The Gift Wrap option appears at Checkout.
If you'd like, we'll include a personalized note in your package at no additional charge. Simple flag the Gift Note option at Checkout and enter your message. Be sure to click on the "Save Note" button before proceeding with the checkout process.
Why can't I find the fragrance I'm looking for?
If you are looking for a specific fragrance or product - try typing the fragrance name or description into the Search Bar located in the lower, left-hand corner of the screen. If the fragrance you are looking for does not appear, it is possible that your favorite fragrance or item has been discontinued and is no longer available on our site. Unfortunately, we sometimes have to retire a fragrance to make room for new ones!
What is the safest way to burn Archipelago candles?
If used incorrectly, a burning candle can create a dangerous fire hazard. To ensure a safe and enjoyable experience, always read and follow the safety instructions and warnings that are affixed to the Archipelago candle.
In addition, follow the safety instructions and warnings that are published by The National Candle Association:
- Always keep a burning candle within sight. Extinguish all candles when leaving a room or before going to sleep.
- Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire. Keep burning candles away from furniture, drapes, bedding, carpets, books, paper, flammable decorations, etc.
- Keep candles our of the reach of children and pets. Do not place lighted candles where they can be knocked over by children, pets or anyone else.
- Trim candlewicks to 1/4 inch each time before burning. Long or crooked wicks cause uneven burning and dripping.
- Always use a candle holder specifically designed for candle use. The holder should be heat and stain resistant, sturdy and large enough to contain any drips or melted wax.
- Be sure the candle holder is placed on a stable, heat-resistant surface. This will also help prevent possible heat damage to counters and table surfaces and prevent glass containers from cracking or breaking.
- Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
- Always read and follow the manufacturer's use and safety instructions carefully. Don't burn a candle longer than the manufacturer recommends.
- Keep burning candles away from drafts, vents, ceiling fans, and air currents. This will help prevent rapid, uneven burning, and avoid flame flare-ups and sooting. Drafts can also blow lightweight curtains or papers into the flame where they could catch fire.
- Always burn candles in a well-ventilated room. Don't burn candles in a small room or in a "tight" home where air exchange is limited.
- Don't burn a candle all the way down. Extinguish the flame if it comes too close to the holder or container. For a margin of safety, discontinue burning a candle when 2 inches of wax remains or 1/2 inch if in a container.
- Never touch a burning candle or move a votive or container candle when the wax is liquid.
- Never use a knife or sharp object to remove wax drippings from a glass holder. It might scratch, weaken, or cause the glass to break upon subsequent use.
- Place burning candles at least three inches apart from one another. This is to make sure they don't melt one another, or create their own drafts that will cause the candles to burn improperly.
- Use a candle snuffer to extinguish a candle. It's the safest way to prevent hot wax from splattering.
- Never extinguish candles with water. The water can cause the hot wax to splatter and might cause a glass container to break.
- Be very careful if using candles during a power outage. Flashlights and other battery-powered lights are safer sources of light during a power failure. Never use a candle during a power outage to look for things in closet, or when fueling equipment - such as a lantern or kerosene heater.
- Make sure a candle is completely extinguished and the wick ember is no longer glowing before leaving the room.
- Extinguish a candle if it smokes, flickers repeatedly, or the flame becomes too high. The candle isn't burning properly and the flame isn't controlled. Let the candle cool, trim the wick, then check for drafts before relighting.
- Never use a candle as a night light.