Archipelago is seeking a motivated and experienced individual to work as a full time eCommerce/Marketing Assistant. This person must be passionate about the beauty industry and demonstrate exceptional operational, customer service and creative skills. Most importantly, we are seeking a tech savvy individual who has a keen interest in social media and who has experience with day-to-day eCommerce or retail operations.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has a degree or background in marketing, social media and/or retail and who wants to be in a collaborative and creative environment where they can gain marketing and eCommerce knowledge and grow their career.
· Use existing management tools to maintain accurate stock status information on the web site, coordinate and monitor the order flow, and plan and help execute website and social media promotions
· Maintain and prepare monthly reports summarizing various aspects of the web site operations
· Provide support and any needed materials to our PR Firm including press samples, new season products, product information and images
· Assist in updating our website by developing spreadsheets with product details
· Participate in developing and executing various marketing strategies (i.e. concepts, planning, social media content and email blast initiatives)
· Participate and provide feedback from occasional eCommerce or social media webinars
· Assist customer service with contacting ecommerce customers and answering customer inquiries and questions regarding orders, product, shipping, etc.
· Provide support with development and launch of new eCommerce website
Minimum Required Skills
· College degree
· Previous experience in and/or keen interest in eCommerce and social media
· Detail oriented and able to handle instructions with care and follow-through
· Strong project management and organizational skills
· Dependable and proactive. Able to prioritize and use time wisely
· A flexible and hardworking mindset with an ability to work well in a small, fast paced, creative and ever changing environment
· The drive and ability to quickly grasp new concepts and tasks
· Experience with development of and launch of new eCommerce website
· Basic website knowledge including SEO/SEM and shopping cart integration
· Background in and/or experience with Graphic Design
· Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator knowledge
4 year college degree
BA/BS Marketing, Business, Operations, Communications or related field
To apply for this position:
1. Title the Subject of your email: eCommerce/Marketing Associate- <Your Full Name>.
2. Include Cover Letter. Your resume will not be considered without a cover letter.
3. Include Salary History as separate attachment. Your resume will not be considered without salary history.
4. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Archipelago has an immediate opening in the creative / new product development (NPD) department. This position will work directly with the owners of this 20 year old brand as they create products for major retailers, boutiques and spas in the U.S. and abroad. This position will start initially with a focus on developing the company’s private label products, and then move into and/or participate in the creation of the company’s branded products as you become more familiar with the brand and the market.
· Interpret creative vision – plan out and allocate department resources to bring that vision to life
· Anticipate/create new product development calendars, as needed, to bring the new products to the market
· Communicate and support other departments to anticipate and avoid new-launch delays
· Source, spec and substitute label name/label color/fragrance pairings on private label products
· Define and clearly communicate product and art specifications
· Write or coordinate the writing of (light) copy for packaging
· Approve art proofs
· Trasnmit or coordinate the delivery of final artwork to print vendors
· Obtain and review printing quotes
· Assemble and pass off product specification sheets
· Create, oversee and/or approve control samples and prototypes
· Maintain product files that provide reasonable access and archives
· Build a fragrance library as a reference/resources for the creative department
Minimum Required Skills
· BA or BS – Graphic Design, Product Development and/or related field
· 3+ years project management experience
· Advanced skills in Photoshop
· Proficiency with MS Office Suites and the ability to learn new programs
· Understanding of die lines and package design
· Hands on experience working with print vendors
· Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and creative environment
· Ability to manage and perform multiple tasks
· Ability to work as a productive member of a team with a great attitude
· Willingness to work overtime when needed
· A rare combination of right breain/left brain strengths to both create and oversee the production
This position is full time and in-house at our corporate headquarters in Los Angeles. We offer a creative environment, plenty of room for growth, a competitive salary and benefits. For consideration, please submit cover letter, resume and other materials relevant to this search to email@example.com